Luckily, cleaning your Hamilton Beach Flexbrew coffee machine is an easy process, so you won’t have to worry about spending hours on the chore. All it takes is some mild soap and water, as well as patience and hard work. There are two ways you can clean the Hamilton Beach Flexbrew: manually or with a clean cycle. Here’s how to do both! For those that want to learn how to clean the Hamilton Beach Flexbrew manually, you will need to remember these steps
Unplug Your Coffee Maker And Allow It To Cool Completely.
- Unplug your coffee maker and allow it to cool completely before attempting any cleaning.
- Wipe down the exterior with a damp rag, using hot water and dish soap if necessary
- Remove the water tank, filter basket, and carafe from the machine, then rinse these pieces in hot water.
- Fill your pot with white vinegar so that it reaches halfway up the pot (about 1/2 cup).
- Place all of the rinsed pieces into the pot and allow them to soak for 15 minutes or so.
- Carefully wipe down all surfaces with a clean cloth after removing them from the pot of vinegar solution and rinse thoroughly with cold water before placing them back in place on your coffee maker
- Allow the parts to dry before putting them back together.
- Once you’ve cleaned your Hamilton Beach coffee maker and replaced all of the parts, you can use our Hamilton Beach Coffee Maker Instructions video on YouTube as an additional resource for trouble-shooting questions you may have about its operation!
- You’ll be able to see how to do things like properly clean out coffee grounds and replace the water filter cartridge!
- It’s also a good idea to descale your Hamilton Beach single-serve coffee maker every six months or so – this will keep mineral buildup from clogging up those important brewing components!
Remove The Coffee Pot And Wash It In Warm, Soapy Water.
Hamilton Beach recommends that you remove the coffee pot and wash it in warm, soapy water. Dry the coffee pot with a clean towel before replacing it in the unit. You should also periodically remove the filter basket, clean it out and dry it before returning it to the unit. Hamilton Beach recommends that you use white vinegar mixed with water (1 part vinegar and 2 parts water) instead of dish soap as an alternative cleaning solution. Remove all removable parts from the machine: Remove all removable parts from the machine, including the coffee pot, carafe, and brew basket. Rinse each piece thoroughly under running water until clear: Rinses each piece thoroughly under running water until clear
Clear the carafe with a dishcloth or sponge: Clear the carafe with a dishcloth or sponge. Leave it upside down to drain for 10 minutes or longer if needed. Empty the drip tray by removing any old ground and wiping it down with a damp cloth.: Empty any old grounds and wipe down with a damp cloth. Replace the plate on top of the drip tray and run one more cycle using nothing but plain water.
Wipe Down The Exterior Of The Coffee Maker With A Damp Cloth.
- Take your damp cloth and gently wipe down the exterior of the coffee maker, paying close attention to any areas that may have collected food or water residue over time.
- Rinse out any soapy spots with a wet cloth and dry thoroughly.
- Allow the coffee maker to air dry for at least fifteen minutes before plugging it in again.
- To get rid of any remaining odors, turn on the machine without inserting a filter and let it brew an entire pot without stopping or interrupting the process to remove grounds.
- Repeat this process until all odors are gone. 6. Wipe off anything remaining with a damp cloth when done brewing if necessary.: It’s important to clean your coffee maker every week!
Remove The Filter Basket And Wash It In Warm, Soapy Water.
Begin by removing the filter basket and the filter screen and washing them in warm, soapy water. After washing, gently shake off any excess water and allow them to dry. Next, remove the carafe from the warming plate on top of your coffee maker. Remove any residual water by running hot water through it or wiping it out with a paper towel or dishcloth. Allow all pieces to air dry before putting them back together again. Be sure not to use abrasive materials when cleaning your Hamilton Beach single-serve coffee maker. They could scratch the finish or harm other parts of your appliance.
Rinse The Filter Basket And Replace It.
- Remove the coffee carafe and set it aside.
- Rinse the filter basket with warm water, making sure all the coffee grounds are out of it.
- Replace the filter basket on top of the coffee pot.
- Add 1/2 cup of vinegar to the water reservoir and fill it with fresh water. Plug in your Hamilton Beach FlexBrew and turn it on.: Turn your Hamilton Beach FlexBrew off when you’re done brewing.
- Wipe down the outside of your Hamilton Beach FlexBrew and make sure it’s dry before storing.: Don’t forget to clean your Hamilton Beach Carafe by running hot water through it!
Cleaning The 2-Way FlexBrew® Coffee Maker
The FlexBrew is perfect for a single serving of coffee or a full pot. Here’s how you take care of it Each side has a different easy-fill water reservoir, follow these instructions to clean the parts of your coffee maker easily.
How to Clean the carafe side of Your FlexBrew Coffee Machine?
Hit the Carafe button on the front of the FlexBrew coffee maker to select the Carafe side.
Take two cups (or pints) of plain white vinegar, and pour it into the carafe’s reservoir. Ensure that the carafe is positioned so that the vinegar is poured directly onto the hotplate.
Press the BREW NOW I/O button once. Wait for about 30 seconds, then press the BREW NOW I/O button again.
For a finished brew after 30 minutes, press BREW NOW and allow the coffee maker to finish the brewing cycle.
After the brewing cycle has finished, remove the carafe and rinse.
Once or twice more, run 2 to 3 cycles of cold water through the machine.
The carafe side of the coffee maker is clean now, so go ahead and brew a fresh pot.
How to Clean the Single-Serve Side of Your FlexBrew?
You can select the single-serve side of the FlexBrew coffee maker by pressing the single-serve button on the front panel.
Place a 14-ounce bottle of plain white vinegar in the single-serve water reservoir. to catch the vinegar, place a 414-ml or larger cup or travel mug underneath.
When the vinegar has been allowed to clean for 30 seconds, press BREW NOW I/O again to stop the brew and stop the brewing process.
Allow the coffee maker to complete the brewing cycle after 30 minutes by pressing BREW NOW I/O again.
The carafe should be emptied and rinsed after the brewing cycle is complete.
The machine should be run two to three times with cold tap water.
Your coffee maker’s single-serve side is now clean and ready to use!
Fill The Coffee Maker With Fresh Water And Brew A Pot Of Coffee.
When the pot is finished brewing, unplug the coffee maker and leave it to cool for an hour or so. Once it has cooled down, remove the carafe from the unit and dump out any remaining water inside of it. Remove any filter baskets and rinse them off in warm water until they are clean as well. Place everything back into the unit in the same order that you removed them from before. Make sure that all parts are dry before putting them back together again.
Discard The First Pot Of Coffee.
You should discard the first pot of coffee you brew in your Hamilton Beach Flexbrew. This is because the water will be heated up and could cause a new pot of coffee to taste bitter. To clean your Hamilton Beach, we recommend that you use dish soap, water, and white vinegar. First, take apart the various parts and rinse them with warm soapy water. Next, soak all parts except for the carafe in warm water with white vinegar for fifteen minutes. Finally, remove all parts from the solution and rinse them again before placing them back on the machine.
Your Coffee Maker Is Now Clean And Ready To Use!
With the Hamilton Beach Flexbrew, you can brew coffee and tea. The system includes a filter that is removable for easy cleaning! How do I clean my Hamilton Beach single-serve FlexBrew? Once you’re finished with brewing, remove the carafe from the machine and rinse it out with water. If there is any coffee left in the carafe, pour it out into your sink. Next, remove the filter. Using your hands or a kitchen scrub brush, clean off any residue left by the grounds that are stuck to the filter’s mesh screens. Afterward, use water and soap to wash away any remaining residue. Finally, rinse and dry your Hamilton Beach FlexBrew with paper towels before putting it back on your countertop.
Rinse all parts thoroughly with warm soapy water, rinse well, and dry before reassembling. To remove stubborn stains on the brewing mechanism or warming plate, scrub these surfaces gently using a soft cloth dipped in white vinegar. Finally, remove any traces of soap by running two cycles without any coffee grounds or filters inside your brewer. Your Hamilton Beach Flexbrew should be ready to go again in no time!